Sunday, April 26, 2015

Nepal



The news of the earthquake in Nepal saddens me. I have a special passion in this country.

In 2000, I was privileged to be involved with two Siamese twins from Nepal. I answered an appeal and set up my own appeal in NTU. I made a scrap book with all the emails, newspaper cuttings and photographs. I saw Jamuna and Ganga while they were still conjoined. This is a great privileged.

It was a very intensed and hard work. But if I have to do it again, I will happily do so.
Sadly, Ganga died in 2008.

In the photos, the young couple are the parents, Sandhya Shrestha and Bhushan. Sandhya is reading my scrap book. Manchala is my very good friend. Shrija is from Nepal. The elderly gentleman is Shrija's father-in-law. Both Manchala and Shrija were involved in the donation drive.

Now I have a special friend Pasang Friday from Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment